Hey Atlanta! It’s a new year, with new possibilities & new things to explore and celebrate. Did you know that January is National Hot Tea Month? Well I think, this is the perfect time to explore all the wonderful benefits tea has to offer. Most of us pledge to start the new year trying to incorporate ways to be a little more healthier. Drinking tea has many health benefits; from weight loss, to boosting your immune system and increasing energy levels. I love tea and I typically stick to the same flavors: peppermint (my favorite), green tea & chai tea. So, I will use this month to explore and sample new tea types, flavors and tea rooms.
Here in Atlanta, we have many places to sip tea & have a good scone. I have been waiting for a reason to put on my tea hat, grab my girlfriends and have a Southern Girls Day. I have a list of places to celebrate Hot Tea month, so grab your friends and have high tea in style or hit up your local coffee shop and order tea instead! Happy Hot Tea Month Atlanta!
1. The St. Regis Atlanta in Astor Court– 88 W. Paces Ferry Road Atlanta, Ga 30305 http://www.stregisatlanta.com/astor-court plays host to a refined Afternoon Tea on Friday – Sunday (2:30 PM – 4:00 PM).Astor Court serves a classic menu of savory petite sandwiches, freshly baked scones, pastries and petit fours.
2. Dr. Bombay’s Underwater Tea Party– 1645 McLendon Ave.NE, Atlanta, Ga 30307 http://www.drbombays.com/ High Tea is served Tuesday-Friday between 3:00pm and 5:30pm and served from 12:00pm to 5:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Served with a cookie, scones, brownie bites, mini cupcakes, quiche, finger sandwiches, jam, Devonshire clotted cream.
3. Zen Tea– 5356 Peachtree Road, Chamblee Georgia, 30341 https://www.zenteaco.com/ offers over 200 Teas, Herbs, Tea Blends and Tea Accessories, come in for a pot of tea and order from our light food menu or make reservations for a High Tea, Tea Tasting or Tea Class.
4. Tipple + Rose Tea Parlor and Apothecary– 806 N. Highland Avenue NE, Atlanta, GA 30306 https://www.tippleandrose.com/ This eclectic but cozy vintage and antique filled parlor serves over 140 teas and tisanes, afternoon tea, housemade light bites for lunch, a wide array of locally made desserts and Doria’s sweet and savory scones.
5. Just Add Honey Tea Company– Retail Café location (Sweet Auburn Curb Market) 209 Edgewood Avenue, Atlanta, Ga 30303. Monday-Saturday 9a-5p >< Sunday 12n-5p. https://justaddhoney.net/ offer an array thoughtfully blended loose leaf teas, gifts, and tea accessories. Book a Tea Tasting or Afternoon Tea experience. Stop in for your favorite blend of tea.
6. Teavana– mall locations: Perimeter, Phipps Plaza, Lenox Square & Cumberland. offers everything you need to enjoy tea every day. Loose-leaf tea, matcha tea, full-leaf tea sachets, Breville® tea makers and other tea essentials. Their tea experts can combine teas to create a blend that is unique to you!